Have you ever felt stuck in life?
By the way, who, in the world, has never felt that way! We all have. Haven’t we?
So the question now is: what do you have to do to get going again?
There are four ways I have used that seem to be working for me, and which I am going to share with you in this post. I hope they are helpful to you too.
Faith is a very important thing to have. It helps you with the following:
- You believe that God is stronger than anything you face.
- You are hopeful that things will change for the better.
- Your faith will open you to a new world of possibilities.
Care for Yourself
Caring for self is very important. This is something no one else will ever be able to offer you. You have to make a choice to do it for yourself.
Self care has to do with three areas of your life: mind, soul and body.
Care for your body
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat healthy food.
- Exercise more often. Remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and that you do not belong to yourself. You really belong to God! (1 Corinthians 6: 19)
Care for your soul
- Pray on a daily basis. If you find prayer life a little bit challenging, read prayer life made easier.
- Read the Bible. There are many tools you could use to help you do this from your smart phone or tablet. You can find them here. Study the Bible on your own as well as with other people. Your soul connected with God and filled with God’s Word will make you emotionally and spiritually healthy to handle anything in life.
Care for your mind
- Read to be inspired.
- Read for fun.
- Read to learn one or two things a week that you did not know before. See yourself as a student for life. Caring for your mind today will prepare you for opportunities of tomorrow!
Be in Community
This is also a very important thing if you want to keep going no matter what comes your way in your life.
Remember, family is the basic unit of the kind of community you need to keep going again.
If you want to go fast, go alone; but, if you want to go far, go together. Also, you are who you are today as a result of being connected to a community.
Here are the advantages of being in community.
- You’ll meet someone with a similar situation to yours, and who can also help you with what you’re facing.
- You can help someone else as a result of your experience.
- You’ll discover people with skills and gifts to journey with you.
- What you cannot do for yourself, someone else in the community may know how to do it. And, they can be resourceful to help you with your situation.
Connect with Nature
This is personally a thing I need to work on more often, and especially now that the weather is great (Spring). I usually ride my bike as an exercise as well as a way of connecting with nature.
There are lots of benefits that come out of our connection with nature. According to research, some of these include the following:
- Meaningfulness, happiness and life satisfaction.
- Nature lowers cognitive anxiety.
There you have 4 things that can help you keep going no matter what comes your way: have faith, care for yourself, be in community and connect with nature.
Please, feel free to add in the comments below other things that you’ve found helpful for you, which I have not mentioned in this post.